Monday, January 5, 2009

Finding Our Lighter Side

For many mothers we find ourselves at a place we never expected to be. No matter how many children you have it is important to always remember when the mommy is happy so is the family. I find it is time to take back the old me for me and for my family. Join us as we take this journey to a lighter side.

17 comments:

  1. Well today is the day...I woke up and weighed myself only to find that I weighed more than I thought. It must be because I paniced about the "diet" and ate everything in the house over the past few days. Well I'm off to a good start. I made it through breakfast:) Good Luck Everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not the only one that had their scale betray them this morning. I figure, not that I have the number I can't be afraid of it anymore. The goal: for the number to down. Plain and simple.

    **I didn't eat my son't left over waffle or pizza today. Whoa!!

    P.S It's 1:00 and I'm HUNGRY!!!

    Lia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day 1 is over....I made it!
    Good Night:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Day 2 is a little easier than day 1 but still not prepared enough. Working on drinking the water.

    Accomplishments: didn't clean up everyone's plate and didn't eat at 5:00am during feeding

    Making recipe: Italian Skillet Chicken. Let you know if its good.

    Challenges: eating only 1 piece of pizza for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Day 2 has been difficult. Also not prepared enough to be successful. I'm struggling with the water. I'm happy so say at the moment I don't feel like eating but I still have a couple hours to go......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, its 10:22 and NO ONE IS AROUND!! Prime binge time!!! This blog has kept me from eating. I'm not even hungry but just want to eat out of habit.

    KUDOS LUCY!!! You made it through Stouffer's night. Glad to hear your not starving at the moment. The water is a struggle too.

    Good luck tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Day 3...Not so bad today. Still dealing with the water but alot better today. Ian is sleeping perfect time to eat something salty but I won't. I'll clean the floor you know how much I like to do that:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe they're be less crumbs to clean today??

    Day 3: Ate some different things. ww bagel in morning, made birds nests for dessert (a little dangerous they taste too good). Almost lost the desire to weight and measure today. Very stressed. Felt like eating out of stress. I didn't but it wasn't easy. Too many chores but still stuck to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Day 4: Well today just started and I'm optimistic. Having good food in the house helps. The water may kill me but I'll try again today. I'm focusing too much on the weigh in on Wed. If I fail to lose weight, I may cry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is no way the number won't do down on Wednesday. Just set a realistic goal. "DOWN!". Work on that water. You yourself said it made or broke you on some days.

    Day 4: Started off crazy, got crazier, than I fell off the wagon.

    Breakfast good, lunch good, dinner good but as 4:30 approached the kids spiraled out of control especially the baby. I cooked 2 recipes with the stinkin' kid strapped to my belly. Do I get some extra points for that??? I had plenty of points left for a snack but noooo, I had to eat one of the bird's nests I made..then 2...then 3...then the 4th. OH MY GOODNESS!! As I ate each one I felt the guilt build and build until I was...full. The guilt didn't stop me, my belly did. Each one was worth 1 point and I did take the points out of my 35 extra points. So technically, I did follow the program but it was the feeling that I couldn't stop myself that well..pissed me off, pardon the expression. Anyway, tomorrow is a new day. Lesson learned: no more bird's nest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't worry...1 day at a time. And like you told me about my bread..it's okay.

    Day 5: Challenge for today is going to mom's for dinner. I have been really good so I can save up my points for dinner. Spareribs are on the menu. A women in church walked up to me today and asked me if I lost weight so I felt good...can't wait till Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a compliment and only the first week!

    Day 5: I had a great day today. I made the saucy chicken. Delicious!!! Also, Artichoke potato frittata. If you want the recipe let me know. I finally lost the urge to eat everyones leftovers.

    Gotta go.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Day 6.....Bad Day!! Can't wait to go to bed and start again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A new week. Well I had weight loss but it seems so little. I'm doing okay today. We'll try one more week:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What do you mean 1 more week!!! No way Jose!! We're in this together.

    Drink that water and count your carbs. Are you eating enough veggies???

    ReplyDelete
  16. I lost track of the days but I know we are into week 2. Today has been a good day. I'm going to be making another pot of the veg soup. It's great to have around for the just in case moments and the family (for the most part) likes it too. Chugging along until Wednesday..........

    ReplyDelete
  17. Last night I had company for dinner. We made penne ala vodka ww style. It was 7 points for 1 cup. I planned to use a lot of my points for dinner and a glass of wine. I planned well and was successful except the second glass of wine. I dipped into my 35 extra points but still measured everything.

    Today I tried to be extra good. I made sure to eat my fruits and veggies and vary my meals. I did well. Only problem: NOT A DROP OF WATER!! tomorrow my goal is to drink 6 glasses by 3:00pm.

    Goal for next week: make a weekly meal planner for us to use.

    P.S I am loving almost all the recipes I've tried so far. I hope I can figure out how to add them.

    ReplyDelete