Sunday, January 25, 2009

When Life Catches Up With You

You can have the best intentions. Your recipes, your new and improved shopping list. Your measuring spoons out. Every morsel you put in your mouth counted. But...what do you when life catches up with you? If I were to recount the things I've endured in the past two weeks, I wouldn't believe it myself. From doctor to doctor, shots and more shots, surgeries, emergency rooms, heart monitors and spinal taps. Who could endure so much stress?? As I experienced these events day after day I just keep plugging away. It wasn't until I ate a WHOLE BOX OF OREO COOKIES that I bought for my son that I realized, "OK, life is catching up with me." As I ate, I thought "Why am I doing this? This is only going to make me feel worse." But I just could not stop myself. It was my fellow blogger and cousin that gave me the support I needed. I'm happy to say that today I measured, counted and wrote it all down. I fell off the wagon but got back on after three days. I stopped sabotaging myself and started over again.

There is nothing more comforting than a shoulder to lean on. Thanks for holding me up when I didn't have the strengh to do it myself.

1 comment:

  1. Life caught up with me today and I fell off the wagon. It was a horrible day! Today will hopefully be better.

    I'm always here for you...no worries:)

    ReplyDelete